There is now a minority report to this letter.
Dear Ministers and Elders,
May 1st, 2012
Prior to the June 2012 meeting of the General Synod, I wanted to follow up regarding my previous note. Earlier I had communicated the Erskine Board of Trustees’ response to the 2011 Synod motions regarding the removal of trustees from the Erskine Board.
David Conner has given a presentation on these motions to the Board of Trustees (at its February 2012 meeting) and to various other groups since that time, including the Executive Board of General Synod. The presentation contains some of the numerous materials that are cited in the Board’s response to General Synod. The requirements of the accrediting agencies were more stringent than many of us anticipated and the materials demonstrate the constraints which shaped the Board’s decision.
In the interest of transparency, I have included materials in the presentation that explain the Board’s position. These materials have proven very helpful for increased understanding of the Board’s response. Thus, I wanted to share them with each of you and with all of those attending Synod 2012. My hope is that you will be able to better understand the extensive documentation that was studied by the ad hoc committee in the preparation of its report that was adopted by the Board.
Here is a link to a website that will take you to the supporting materials:
Thank you for your time and effort to understand these important issues that we believe will allow for greater understanding and mutual support of the very important relationship between the ARP Church and Erskine.
Chair, Erskine Board of Trustees
Erskine trustees’ response to requests from the ARP General Synod
Text of the Response:
- Erskine_Bylaws-signed May 20 2011
- EC — 1850 & 1872 Charter documents
- EC — 1973 Charter Amendment
- EC — 1977 Charter Amendment and Restatement
- EC — 1980 Charter Amendment
- ARPC — General Synod Minutes 1972
- ARPC — General Synod Minutes 1978
- EC — Statement of Trustee Responsibilities 1986
- EC — Trustee Profile 1990
- ARPC — Statement of Philosophy of Christian Higher Education 1977 & 78
- ARPC — Report of Special Committee 1977
- SACS — Principles of Accreditation 2010
- ATS Standards of Accreditation
- ATS 184.108.40.206
- Director, Accreditation and Institutional Evaluation (ATS) 12-21-11 e-mail
More posts in this category
[catlist name=erskine-college catlink=yes numberposts=4 excerpt=yes excludeposts=2618 orderby=asc]
[catlist name=inerrancy catlink=yes numberposts=5 excerpt=yes excludeposts=2618 orderby=asc]