Synod 2012 — Items of Interest for ARP Churches
Click to read the Synod Packet located at Google Docs.
Can your church organize a fundraising team to raise $1,000 between now and next year? Contact me to inquire how to help.
[stextbox id=”alert” color=”000000″ ccolor=”000000″ bcolor=”952239″ bgcolor=”ffffff” cbgcolor=”ffffff” image=”null”]
June 07, 2012 at 7:24 pm –
Due to a lack of delegates (lacking 6 elders and 15 ministers), Synod was suspended and all business was shelved.
June 07, 2012 at 4:48 pm –
Synod affirms that Marriage is only defined as between a Man and a Woman.
June 07, 2012 at 4:27 pm –
Synod funding for Erskine will continue, with love and patience, as the College Board of Trustees works through the new information that was brought to light within the Minority Report.
June 07, 2012 at 2:47 pm –
That a season of prayer and fasting for Erskine College and Seminary be held in the churches of the presbyteries in the ARP Synod.
June 07, 2012 at 12:10 pm –
Pacific (Korean) Presbytery was not dissolved, but their inclusion within the ARP was referred back to the Executive Board.
June 07, 2012 at 11:03 am –
Voted to Affirm the Historicity of Adam & Eve
1) We affirm that Adam and Eve were special, unique direct creations of God, created in His image, with Adam being formed from the dust of the ground and Eve being made from his side; as such, they were real human beings and the first man and woman
2) We affirm that the account of creation as found in Genesis 1 and 2 is history;
3) We deny any teaching that claims that the account of creation as found in Genesis 1 and 2 is mythology;
4) We deny any theory that teaches that Adam and Eve descended from other biological life forms and that such a theory can be reasonably reconciled with either the Standards of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church or Holy Scripture.
These FOUR items were amended to clarify that the length of days in Genesis were not in view, but rather the historicity of Adam and Eve.
Synod rejects all evolutionary views of Adam’s origin. According to one observer, the “vote sounded overwhelming” in favor of the motion.
June 07, 2012 at 9:45 am –
New Moderator Elect for 2013-2014
- Jeffrey Kingswood – email@example.com
- Wife’s name – Joan Kingswood
- 172 Light St, Woodstock, ON N4S 6H4 Canada
- 519-539-9117 (H); 519-421-1249 (O)
June 06, 2012 at 10:45 am –
Moderator’s Address by Dr. Steve Suits