OUTREACH Prayer Update
Our church planters depend on the prayers and encouragement of God’s people. OUTREACH NORTH AMERICA provides this monthly prayer letter to inform you of some of their specific needs and praises so you will know better how to pray for them. Thank you for your prayers and the interest you show by your phone and e-mail responses. Your prayers truly encourage your church planters. (See the bottom of this e-mail for a summary of all the mission churches included in this update.)
- Pray for the Church Planters and Family Retreat at Bonclarken January 10-13. We have 35 adults registered for the retreat. Pray for the speakers, Dr. R.J. Gore and Dr. and Mrs. Mark Dalbey, as they lead our church planters and their wives. Our training topic isApplying Unchanging Biblical Principles to the Changing Context of Worship.
- Pray for Alan Avera and Ken Priddy as they teach a Church Planting and Renewal course for Erskine Seminary in Columbia January 23-27.
- Pray for some of our newer church planters as they attend the Global Church Advancement Church Planting Foundations course January 24-27.
Clemson Korean Presbyterian Church
Rev. Jae Park email@example.com
International Community Outreach Mission, Atlanta, GA
Travelers ARP Mission, Travelers Rest, SC
- To God for another year of faithfulness and blessings.
- To God for His guiding us through some difficult times during this year.
- For the commitment and faithfulness of the people God has brought to Travelers.
- For more visitors and people to become a part of the mission.
- For helpful ideas to come out of our evaluation that will be taking place early in the New Year.
Contact: Rudy de Vries
Grace Presbyterian Church, Pontiac, SC
Daughter church of First Presbyterian Church of Columbia
Brandon and Elizabeth Barrett firstname.lastname@example.org
- For us as we gear up to begin corporate worship on Sunday, January 29. We will be worshipping for several weeks together before we put up a sign and invite our friends.
- For us in developing relationships with non-believers in northeast Columbia.
- For us as we we’re hoping to start up a Christianity Explored group in our new neighborhood by the end of January.
Kings Parish, Dallas, Texas
David and Margaret Winburne email@example.com
- For a very helpful and encouraging provisional session.
- For a wonderfully united group to begin our mission.
- For a spiritually helpful and encouraging beginning of our men’s breakfast
- For new families visiting our mission.
- For friends and families (outside the mission) supporting the Lord’s work in Dallas.
- For our men’s breakfast to be an avenue to gather and build up the saints.
- For the addition of the Ingwalson family. Ann-Sofi is a wonderful musician and loves to play (piano and cello) in our service.
- For the encouragement and growth of our ladies in their Tuesday lunch meeting.
- For continued contact in our neighborhood.
- For the spreading of the Word in Dallas.
- For the Stockers and Hodges – Two families who love our church and whom we would love to see stay.
Lake Wylie/ Rock Hill, SC
Church Planting residency at Living Waters
Andy and Ellie Stager AndrewRStager@yahoo.com
African ARP Mission, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Zachary and Ruth Kariuki firstname.lastname@example.org
- For new contacts to be made within the Kenyan community in the Charlotte area.
Brookside Presbyterian Church, ARP, Boone, NC
- For an excellent Christmas Eve service.
- For Appalachian State University (ASU) students who attended during fall semester.
- For good weather up here in the mountains so far for this winter.
- For continued attendance of ASU students.
- For the financially difficult winter months.
- For our 2012 Goal: For Brookside to grow in the Lord .
- For what our Lord will do this year to build His Church in our midst!
- For sustaining us and providing for us in the year passed!
- That new members will be added to our church (and all mission churches) in this New Year.
- That we will be obedient servants, to His Great Command and Great Commission, this New Year.
Christ Coastal Church, Southport, NC
Rev. Walt and Val Shepard email@example.com
City Church, Asheville, NC
Duff and Kristi James firstname.lastname@example.org
DaySpring Presbyterian, Mocksville, NC
Rev. David and Sandra Olah, Supply
- For the decisions being made.
Faith Chapel ARP, Pleasant Garden, NC
Rev. Terry and Mary Crahen email@example.com
Good Shepherd Community Church, Indian Trail, NC
- Presbytery has closed this mission. Pray for the people who were a part of this mission as they move forward.
Grace Church Leith, Leith, Scotland
Rev. Athole Rennie firstname.lastname@example.org
American contact Dr. John Carson email@example.com
Follow this link to watch a short video about Leith
Grace Community Church, Black Creek, NC
Rev. Randy and Sally Jenkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Hill Church, Hillsborough, NC
Rev. Ross Durham email@example.com
Grace of the Lord Korean, Cary, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Joshua Kim
Hyo Shin Korean, Greensboro, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Byong Han Song
Hope Chapel ARP Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Todd Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For getting us into our permanent worship space. We had over 150 people attend our first service and we are excited about the future ministry opportunities.
- That God would continue to bring new visitors and pray that we will continue to grow as we start the New Year.
- For yearend giving and that God would provide all the resources we need for the vision He has set out for us.
- For much needed rest for Todd and Michael, our director of worship and arts.
Johnson City, TN – exploratory work
Bethesda Presbyterian Church, ARP
- For continued growth and development of our congregation.
Northside Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Paul and Jo Traub email@example.com
Pinecrest Hispanic Mission, Hendersonville, NC
- That the Lord will provide a new mission developer for our congregation as Pastor Unda transitions to the military chaplaincy.
Rodam Korean ARP Church, Pineville, NC
Rev. Eun Joo and Kim Young Yup Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
Tapestry ARP Church, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Jarvis Ross email@example.com
Triangle Onnuri Korean ARP Church, Raleigh, NC
Rev. Abraham and Sungmi Ji Biblestoryteller@gmail.com
- God added more people to our mission in 2011.
- We are now seeking youth pastor.
- For growing faith of all saints in our church.
- That we will be able to support more missionaries.
Wilkes-Covenant, Millers Creek, NC (exploratory work)
Student Josh and Crystal Feimster
- The group is encouraged with its relationship with ARPC.
- For new people to be drawn into the core group.
- For new contacts to be made throughout the community.
Fort Myers, FL
Rev. Steve and Rachel Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are making inroads spiritually with some of our unbelieving friends.
- I have been asked to lead a Bible study for a group of men, who are potential leaders.
- We are continuing to make connections within our community and seeing a great need for Christ.
- For God’s Spirit to continue to work in the hearts of our friends here that do not know Christ.
- For the potential leaders to “take the next step.” Steve is asking a few of them to join him for training in the vision of church planting we are pursuing.
- For Steve as he attends the Church Multiplication Center “boot camp” training for church planters in February.
- For Steve and Rachel as they speak at missions conferences in early February.
SonLife Church, Jacksonville, FL
Rev. Bob and Dail Hovey email@example.com
- For those who pray for us and support His work here.
- For three new members: Chris, Megan and Marquis.
- For the financial support of ONA and Florida Presbytery.
- SonLife has been able to help several families this Christmas.
- For one of our members, Rose.
- For the New Year, which will be huge in the future of SonLife.
- Our finances could be a challenge this year.
Tampa Chinese Presbyterian Church, Tampa, FL
Rev. Jeff and Hsin Hsiu Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
Mississippi Valley Presbytery
Havana ARP Church, Havana, AR
Rev. Moises and Cindy Chan email@example.com
- For God’s faithfulness as we continue to serve Him. We marvel at the way God comes through even with all the challenges we share throughout the year about the needs and requests we make. We thank each one of you for your faithfulness in prayer for these needs. God answers in ways that just amazes us. I have been teaching a Spanish class at Arkansas Tech this past Semester. It was a way to begin to be involved in a tent ministry as we continue to serve the Lord in Havana. But, it is always good to know that God’s hand is with all that we are involved in. There have been many testimonies even in the classroom of God’s hand at work.
- One of the students in the class is planning to go to the mission field short term this coming summer. She enrolled in the Spanish class to help her prepare. At the end of the class, she commented: “I thank the Lord for Christian teachers even in our universities.” At the end she donated some Spanish Bibles that we distributed among the Hispanics this Christmas season. Our prayer request is that the Lord would use that as a means to touch lives with the good news of our Lord’s Jesus Christ and would touch those who receive it.
- For wisdom this coming year as we will continue to labor in His name in the Havana mission and continue to be involved in a tent ministry to support the family. We thank the Lord for his provision. This spring, I will be teaching another Spanish class. Pray that the Lord would continue to open hearts so that even in that context we will be a blessing to all we come in contact with.
- We desperately need to have a place for our Korean congregation to worship. We currently we share with the Spanish church and our worship is 5:00 on Sundays. We want to find a place, even a small office, to get together for discipleship, prayer, and daily worship.
- The Spanish Ministry need financial help for the Wednesday worship service. Average attendance is about 30 each week, and we also prepare lunch for them. Pray for more sponsors commit for this ministry.
- For our church members who cannot come Sunday worship service because of work. Please pray that all Korean church members can come to worship on Sundays.
Christ Presbyterian Church, Grove City, PA
Rev. Dr. Iain and Barbara Duguid firstname.lastname@example.org
Communion Presbyterian Church, Irvine, CA
Rev. Kent and Stephanie Moorlach email@example.com
- For another memorable Christmas Eve Service.
- For new babies being born.
- For the holiday visit of Elder Watts and family.
- For another family wishing to join the church.
- For the kindness and grace of our congregation.
- The decision of the Supreme Court and our use of a school facility – may this type of ruling stay away from California.
- For a New Year with new commitments to Christ, the church, and ministry.
- For a nice vacation for the pastor and his family.
- For relationships to be reconciled.
- For Divine appointments and Divine provisions.
The Future Vision Presbyterian Church, Flushing, NY
Global Vision ARP Church, Flushing, NY
Rev. Peter Tae Mun and Hong Eun Lee PeterLee@MissionGlobal.Org
- On December 11, the Sunday school put on the nativity musical/play that one of our teenagers wrote. She and her older sister directed it by themselves and provided all the costumes and props. Then their family (6 kids) and 2 girls from another family went to 2 nursing homes on their own and sang all the songs.
- On December 23, Good News received a wonderful Christmas present: the papers were signed for the church property, which is located on a busy 4 lane road and has a little over 300 frontage.
- On December 25, a new couple with 3 little children attended. They found us on the web and called. They said they would come and they did and said that they would be back.
- For wisdom in dealing with the Homeowners’ Association (HOA) who originally owned the property (sold it, but business went bankrupt and the bank foreclosed on the property) which won’t agree to release us from the HOA. We’ve made several different offers, but need the Lord’s direction in arriving at a satisfactory conclusion.
- For wisdom on building a sanctuary. A small building may be able to be used initially, but it will be crowded with only a small room for Sunday school and needs handicap bathrooms. We hope they may agree to one unisex one if we decide that we can use this building temporarily.
Iranian Christian Church of Washington, D.C.
Mr. Javad and Nazy Pishghadamian firstname.lastname@example.org
Tri-State Community Church, WV
Rev. Rick and Tammy Anderson email@example.com
Fullness of Joy, La Crescenta, CA
Rev. James Baek firstname.lastname@example.org
Praise the Lord, Los Angeles, CA
Rev. Suk Ho Jin email@example.com
Sharon Presbyterian Church, Tijuana Baja California, Mexico
Rev. Pablo Song firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanmaum ARP Korean, Madison, Alabama
Rev. Soo Young Kim email@example.com
Riverside Presbyterian, Prattville, AL
Rev. Greg and Courtney Duke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray for opportunities to establish core groups and plant churches in our presbytery. We have been praying and asking the Lord where He would have us do a demographic study for the purpose of starting a new work, because we know that he knows where the hearts are ready to receive the gospel.